Special Christmas workshops
“The trees speak…”
In the run-up to Christmas, you will be welcome guests at the Puiduait, where you can spend time with friends, co-workers or classmates in a cosy environment. We will provide a Christmas dinner, talk about Christmas traditions related to wood and the forest, and teach you how to make Christmas ornaments from wood.
The package includes:
- a tour of the Puiduait and familiarization with wood handicrafts.
- workshop in making Christmas decorations and tree ornaments along with traditional entertainment and games.
- Christmas dinner (roasted potatoes, sauerkraut, blood sausage with lingonberry sauce, baked apples with ice cream for dessert).
In this one-day workshop, participants will be led by an instructor through the steps of making Christmas decorations and tree ornaments from wood chips. The level is suitable for everyone from nursery school children to adults. The level depends completely on the age of the aspiring artisan, dexterity and imagination. While your fingers are at work, we will introduce various ways of using different tree species: folk traditions related to wood, the forest and Christmas. And who knows, perhaps we’ll throw some fun games or riddles into the mix.
Target audience: no limits (level of difficulty and entertainment will be selected based on the ages of the participants and requests)
Date range: 3-16 December
Duration: 2-3 hours
Group size: up to 20
Price: 10 euros per person
“The spirit of Christmas”
Avinurme Puiduait is offering an extraordinary opportunity in the weeks before Christmas to spend one day amid stimulating aromas from baking bread and woodworking. We invite you to partake of Avinurme’s local woodworking traditions, to try your hand at woodworking from chips and to prepare bread dough in a wooden mixing vessel.
The day will centre on baking a delicious loaf of holiday bread. The Puiduait’s master baker will give advice on how to prepare the dough, possible ingredients that can be added, and naturally – the secret weapon for getting the bread to rise properly and taste wonderful. If you should need a traditional wooden bowl, we will find a solution from the Puiduait in rapid order.
While the bread is baking, you can check out the local wood handicraft, add presents to the Christmas elves’ sack of gifts and put your dexterity to the test in basket-weaving, wood painting or felting soap. Along with a hearty dinner, your day at Avinurme will be full of emotions and positive surprises.
• Tour of the Puiduait and introduction to wood crafts.
• Workshop in baking bread.
• Smorgasbord: various homemade breads and herbed butters, sweet pastries, coffee, tea, flavoured water.
• Activities while the bread is baking: basket weaving, basket painting or soap felting.
• Dinner: roast pork with sauerkraut, kama foam, flavoured water.
Target audience: office colleagues, friends
Time: 4-5 hours
Group size: up to 60
Price: 25 euros/person